John Wash Vision Statement
Our students will learn and persevere to be college/career ready in a safe, collaborative and engaging environment.
-Monday and Thursday
***Every month we will be charting daily behavior on a monthly log (per classroom teacher.) Students will earn rewards or face consequences. Students will be held accountable for their negative behavior through lost of recess, parent contacts, loss of privileges, and office referrals.
John Wash Second Grade Team will be using a clip chart system. The clip chart system is designed to recognize students on task behavior for the day. The system works as follows:
- Students all begin on “READY TO LEARN”
- Students who are recognized throughout the day for on task behaviors will be given the privilege of clipping up to “GREAT DAY!”
- Students will be given a verbal warning the first time off task behavior is recognized.
- Following a verbal warning students will be asked to clip down to “THINKING ABOUT IT!”
- Students who have clipped down to “THINK ABOUT IT!” can discuss their behavior and how they will change their behavior with the teacher. The teacher can then decide if the student will be allowed to clip back to “READY TO LEARN!”.
- Students with repeated off task behavior will clip down to “PENALTY” and “PHONE CALL HOME” as needed.
- Students with repeated daily behavior issues will be sent to the office with a behavior referral.
- Parents can access students daily behavior on Class Dojo.
Back to School Night Brochure
Click on the above link for a PDF copy of the Back to School Night Brochure.